Friday, September 21, 2012

Clean... A Fresh Scent

Hi all. Today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite things: perfume. I love smelling pretty. Doesn't every girl? (Hopefully one day we'll bring the gentlemen over to our side.) Anywho... I tend to like a wide variety of smells: florals, musks, and especially crisp scents.

The scent I'm talking about today is the most aptly named lines of perfumes I think I've ever come across. CLEAN. That they are. There are several smells to choose from: Skin, Shower Fresh, and Warm Cotton are just a few of their in-depth line. Today, I'm going to focus on the one I wear quite frequently, Warm Cotton.

This scent smells just like fresh sheets that have been pulled out of the dryer. Something very crisp and welcoming; it just smells plain clean. Anytime I want to have a scent on that is absolutely in no way offensive, this is my most reached for. Who doesn't like fresh laundry? It is an absolute must for my gym bag... specifically when I'm rushing and don't have time to wash my hair. (TMI, I know.) It's even great to lightly spritz on your bedding when you want a quick refresher.

CLEAN describes Warm Cotton as having top notes of citrus layered with lilac and jasmine (two of my favorite flowers) wrapped up with a subtle blend of musk and amber. I have a hard time discerning each individual smell. I can tell there is a bit of lilac, and it definitely ends in a very subtle musk that lends a warmth to the smell. All in all, it just makes me think of warm sweaters and towels coming out of the dryer on a crisp fall day; something I'd want to completely wrap myself in. It's one of those scents, that when used with a light hand, doesn't smell like you're wearing anything. It just seems like you are radiating a freshness, that blends into your skin and clothes.





Scent: 8/10 This is a nice clean, crisp smell that will suit anyone who likes fresh laundry. It is mild enough to be worn to work, and can be a great pick-me-up. It is a highly concentrated scent, so spray lightly.
Longevity: 9/10 This scent holds up to long hours. As it fades, it sinks into your clothing and acts much like a fabric freshener sheet would.
Packaging: 10/10 I LOVE how these look. They are crisp and clean, just like the perfume they house. They are also available in two sizes (1 oz, and 2.14 oz) which is especially handy for traveling, or just testing out a new scent. The glass bottles feel rich, and the mister pump creates a fine spray.
Overall9/10


Where to buy: CLEAN  $38 / 1oz,  $69 / 2.14oz


I think the next CLEAN I'll invest in will be Warm T-Shirt... it reminds my of my boyfriends laundry... I'm not exactly sure why it smells more like his, considering our clothes go in the wash at the same time, but it has that little extra cuddliness that comes with stealing a shirt from your guy.

DisclaimerAll products mentioned on this site were purchased by myself unless otherwise stated. I am not affiliated with any brand or company, nor do I receive any payment for my posts unless stated. Any, and all, opinions voiced on this blog are my own. I attempt to deliver honest and thoughtful opinions on all subjects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment