Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara

Rimmel Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara
The Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara is my very first mascara from Rimmel London. I love many of Rimmel's products, and was delighted when they sent me this product to sample and review. Although I'm still searching for my HG mascara, this is one I'm definitely happy to have added to my makeup arsenal.

Mascara Wand
The packaging of this mascara is particularly adorable. It comes in a raspberry purple tube with the Rimmel crown logo on the top of the cap. The logo gives it a more girly and fun feel. I always appreciate it web a brand puts a little effort into their packaging. It makes me want to put things on full display.

According to Rimmel, this is the first mascara that combines both lash plumping and defining bristles with a unique play-ball brush. The flat, more traditional side plumps lashes, while the ball shaped tip is meant to lift and curl the lashes.
The bristles are made of the ever popular rubber, almost comb-like material. Personally, I much prefer a more traditional style brush, however, the amazing little ball tip is absolutely PERFECT for grabbing the lashes in your outer corner and fanning them out like no ones' business.

Mascara tube
The formula is infused with collagen and keratin to help pump up the volume. It has also been ophthalmologist tested showing it to be suitable for sensitive eyes. Rimmel claims this particular mascara to be both flake and smudge proof. The volume-boosting effects are definitely apparent, however I didn't find my lashes to appear significantly longer. They took on a very nice girl-next-door look. My lashes stayed soft, ad had no unwanted crunching or flaking. I wore this for an extremely long girls' night out and can attest to these claims. Not a raccoon eye in sight, which makes me a happy girl.

Top: Before
Bottom: After
Left: Before
Right: After
Overall, if you are looking for a mascara that is going to give your lashes a natural, but significantly enhanced look, this is a wonderful mascara. If you are looking for a mascara that is going to give your lashes a ton of length along with thickness, you might not enjoy this mascara as much.

You can find Rimmel London
Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara for
$6.99 at Ulta or your local drugstore.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Show Off Mascara
Have you tried this mascara? What did you think?

Love always,










DisclaimerAll products mentioned on this site were purchased by myself unless otherwise stated. I am not affiliated with any brand or company, nor do I receive any payment for my posts unless stated. Any, and all, opinions voiced on this blog are my own. I attempt to deliver honest and thoughtful opinions on all subjects.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment