Thursday, February 14, 2013

DIY Designer: Kate Spade Studs

Kate Spade is known for her simple and flirtatious pieces. I adore her things. A few weeks ago i was perusing polyvore and came across a crazy cute pair of Kate Spade studs. They're simple, chic, and of course, pink!



Unfortunately for me, they were totally sold out... Challenge accepted. When I think I can make the same thing (and for a whole lot less,) that's exactly what I set out to do.

Kate Spade DIY look-alike earrings...original from Polyvore

Items used:

• 3/8 in. round wood buttons
• Bright nail polish colors (wet n wild "candy-licios", confetti "belle of the ball", sinful colors "San Francisco")
• Clear topcoat (Ulta x-dry)
• Stud fixtures
• Superglue (I used a two part epoxy)
• tape
• tweezers

Watch this tutorial to create your own DIY designer studs:



Total, these little cuties cost under $0.50 each!!! Too exciting... I'll have to come up with a few more "Designer DIY"s. Let me know what you all think.

Love always,


No comments:

Post a Comment