Monday, February 4, 2013

Lovebird Valentine Nails

Hi everyone! I was looking around for inspiration on a valentine manicure. I thought about the ever popular "LOVE" written across my nails. Too bad my handwriting isn't up for that task. Soooo, maybe hearts? A simple ombré look? Not today. I was in the pet shop getting my lovely dog some dinner, when I wondered by the lovebird cage.
They're soooo cute. Always sitting right by their partner and actually kissing! Ok. I know it might just be me pushing imaginary emotions onto the little guys, but they are pretty adorable... Anyhow. I snapped a pic of them and my hand was reflected in the glass. Et voila! A new manicure idea was born.
Unfortunately, when I googled it, I'm not as original as I'd originally thought. Oh, well. I still love how this turned out. It's super cute (and still not as predictable as hearts on every nail).

What I used:
• Ulta brad base and top5 coat
• Revlon CafĂ© Pink5 #60
• assorted pens and paintbrushes in lieu of dotting tools
• basic acrylic paint set
• isopropyl alcohol & cotton pads/buds

The video below shows a step-by-step tutorial on how to create a pair of canoodling lovebirds on your fingertips. Enjoy!



As always, if you decided to give this a try, let me know how it turned out! I love seeing your recreations.

Love always,









Disclaimer: All products mentioned on this site were purchased by myself unless otherwise stated. I am not affiliated with any brand or company, nor do I receive any payment for my posts unless stated. Any, and all, opinions voiced on this blog are my own. I attempt to deliver honest and thoughtful opinions on all subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment